Composition of the Board of Trustees
- The Board of Trustees of the Institute shall be constituted as follows:
- The President of the Islamic Development Bank, who shall be the ex-officio Chairman of the Board of Trustees.
- Three members from the Board of Executive Directors of the Bank.
- Three members from among the officials of the relevant institutions in the Member Countries.
- Three experts of outstanding reputations in the fields relevant to the Institute’s functions.
- The Director General of the Institute, who shall also serve as the Secretary of the Board of Trustees.
- Members of the Board of Trustees referred to in sub-paragraphs (b), (c), and (d) above shall be appointed by the President in consultation with the Board of Executive Directors.
- The term of office of the members of the Board of Trustees shall be renewable three years (except ex-officio members).
- The Board of Trustees is responsible for providing guidance and direction on the Institute’s strategy, medium-term work program and required budget.
- The Board of Trustees shall meet at least once a year.
- The President shall determine the remuneration and expenses to be paid to the members of the Board of Trustees for attending meetings or carrying out tasks entrusted to them by the Director General or the President.
Functions of the Board of Trustees
The functions of the Board of Trustees shall be as follows:
- To provide guidance and direction to the Management on the Institute’s strategic direction and medium-term work program.
- To review the annual performance and financial statements of the Institute.
- To assist in mobilizing resources for the Institute if and when needed.
- To perform any other functions as may be deemed necessary for achieving the objectives of the Institute.