The Knowledge Leaders function aims at capitalizing on the wealth of knowledge to enhance Islamic economics and finance’s value propositions and to contribute to the transformation of the Islamic financial services industry to serve sustainable development in Member Countries.
Through research and development in the following themes (but not limited to) IsDBI will aim to support efforts of developing the requisite enabling environment for Islamic finance and supporting development finance institutions.
This is expected to reinforce the impact of Islamic finance on development and to promote inclusive growth and economic stability.
Furthermore, the Special Allocation for Islamic Finance has played a significant role in supporting numerous technical assistance, advisory and capacity building projects for the development of the Islamic financial services industry in Member and non-Member Countries.
SCOPE AND FOCUS
Islamic Finance Sector Transformation
- To support the transformation and development of the Islamic finance industry to support sustainable development.
- To contribute to the creation of an enabling environment (legal, regulatory, and supervisory frameworks) for the development of the Islamic financial services industry in the IsDB Member Countries.
- To facilitate the standardization and harmonization of the practice of Islamic finance across IsDB Member Countries.
Islamic Finance Knowledge Creation
- To produce high-quality and impactful research and knowledge products including books, reports, articles, etc.
- To reaffirm the pioneering role of IsDB as the thought leader in Islamic economics and finance.
- To explore and spearhead cutting-edge ideas that will ultimately impact the implementation of Islamic economics and finance.
Islamic Finance Capacity Building
- To improve technical knowledge, understanding, and competence in the Islamic finance industry.
- To facilitate in bolstering the technical know-how and credentials of human development in IsDB Member Countries.
- To help bridge the gap of knowledge between IsDB Member Countries.
Islamic Finance Knowledge Dissemination
- To spread knowledge, innovation, and awareness concerning the Islamic finance industry.
- To significantly increase Islamic finance literacy in IsDB Member Countries.
- To help in making the field of Islamic finance a preferred choice in solving the economic and business challenges.
Islamic Finance Product Development
- To develop innovative Islamic finance products aimed the addressing the market and developmental needs of IsDB Member Countries.
- To champion breakthrough ideas and products that can potentially become solutions to the economic development problem of IsDB Member Countries.
- To become a catalyst in extracting out-of-the-box thinking that can promote the value proposition of Islamic economics and finance.
IsDBI Flagship Projects
- To engage in innovation and produce practical solutions in response to the development needs of the IsDB Member Countries.
- To help in facilitating the enhanced business and economic relations between IsDB Member Countries.
- To support mainstreaming the implementation of Islamic finance in IsDB Member Countries.
Islamic Finance Infrastructure Institutions
- To coordinate, support, and technically contribute towards the Islamic finance infrastructure institutions established by the IsDB.
- To help the Islamic Infrastructure Institutions become credible standard-setting institutions that play an instrumental role in the harmonization and standardization of Islamic finance practice.
- To support Islamic Infrastructure Institutions become self-sustained institutions and reliable points of reference.
IsDB Prize in Islamic Economics
- To recognize excellence in outstanding achievements in knowledge creation and implementing innovative development solutions guided by the principles of Islamic Economics
- To provide due appreciation and recognition to extraordinary contributions to the field of Islamic economics and finance
- To showcase the proven contributions that can potentially inspire other member of Islamic economics and finance communities.
Islamic Economic Studies Journal
The Islamic Economic Studies (IES) journal publishes leading research across all fields of Islamic economics and finance. Established in 1414 Hijri (1993) it is one of the oldest and most respected scholarly journals in the Islamic economics and Islamic finance profession. IES is peer reviewed, and targeted at professional and academic economists and students.
Now, IES is published by Emerald Publishing on behalf of the Islamic Development Bank Institute (IsDBI), a member of the Islamic Development Bank Group (IsDB). The IES is included in the Abstracting Services CD-ROM indexing of the Journal of Economic Literature, published by the American Economic Association. IES journal is indexed/cited in RePEc and Google Scholar.
Aims and Scope
The journal aims to publish research contributing to the development of theory, practice, and policy making in Islamic economics and finance. It therefore intends to create an interface between academic research and its practical application. The journal welcomes theoretical; technical; and applied articles that draw on all areas of Islamic economics and finance.
All articles published in IES are published Open Access under a CC BY 4.0 license. There are no fees for the authors for submission or making their articles Open Access. Click to see IsDBI Journal