Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the official website of the Islamic Development Bank Institute (“IsDBI”). Use of this website constitutes agreement by users of this website with the following terms and conditions:
- The Islamic Development Bank Institute maintains this website (the “Site”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (“User(s)”). IsDBI is pleased to allow Users to visit the Site and download and copy the information, documents, reports, eBooks, and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site for User’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Site.
- IsDBI administers this Site. IsDBI is a member of the IsDB Group, which comprises the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Islamic Development Bank Institute (IsDBI), the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), the Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC) and the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC). All Materials on this Site from the various members of the IsDB Group appears on this Site subject to these terms and conditions. In addition, the members of the IsDB Group may have additional terms and conditions that govern the use of their materials.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials on this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of IsDBI or the IsDB Group.
- Materials provided on this Site are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. IsDBI specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. IsDBI periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall IsDBI be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. IsDBI disclaim all indemnities. Use of this Site is at User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall IsDBI be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if IsDBI has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- User specifically acknowledges and agrees that IsDBI is not liable for any conduct of any User.
- This Site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers (including Users). IsDBI does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any User of this Site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither IsDBI nor any of their agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
- As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify IsDBI and/or their affiliates (IsDB Group members) from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out User’s use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of terms and conditions of use of this Site, User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
- Nothing on this Site or any Materials shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations, an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of IsDBI to subscribe for, purchase or sell any shares or securities or other financial instruments nor should it be considered as investment advice.
- This Site may contain forward looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that might cause actual results to differ from those foreseen.
COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK AND PERMITTED USE
- User may reproduce or translate a limited extract of IsDBI from this Site free of charge and without written permission from IsDBI, provided that IsDBI (including the reference www.isdbinstitute.org) is cited as the source and, with respect to translations, a statement is included that the translation is not an official IsDBI translation. By way of guidance, a “limited extract” means any extract of not more than 400 words of text or two tables or graphs, and in any case not exceeding 10% of the relevant Material.
- User who wishes to reproduce or translate more than a limited extract of Materials, or who wish to modify Materials, should submit a permission request to IsDBI at [email protected]
- Some Materials may contain references to materials from third parties, for which copyright must be honored.
- Some names on this Site as well in some Materials, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, are trademarks of IsDBI, IsDB, other IsDB Group members or their affiliates, related entities, institutions, companies or its licensors or joint venture partners, unless otherwise noted. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property law, the law of slander and libel, the law of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- The IsDBI, IsDB and other members of the IsDB Group names and logos, as well as certain other of the names, logos, designs, slogans and materials displayed in or through the Site constitute registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names or service marks of IsDBI, other members of the IsDB Group and their business partners or content providers (collectively, the “Marks”). The ownership of the Marks and the goodwill associated with them remains with IsDBI. Users are not authorized to use any of the Marks other than as expressly provided in these terms and conditions or as expressly licensed to you. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved by IsDBI.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- This Site contains links to third party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of IsDBI and IsDBI is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained in a linked site. IsDBI provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by IsDBI.
- If this Site contains registration form, product review form, bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
(i) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of IsDBI, IsDB or another entity or individual.
(ii) Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, abusive, inflammatory, tortious, violent, invasive of another’s privacy or unlawful material or information that is inaccurate and misleading.
(iii) Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
(iv) Upload or attach files that contain software viruses, adware, malware, spyware, corrupted files, or any other harmful code.
(v) Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
(vi) Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
(vii) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters. Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
(viii) Further or promote any illegal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities
(ix) Violate these terms and conditions or any applicable law.
- User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by IsDBI, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by IsDBI. IsDBI reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from Users, including without limitation email and bulletin board postings.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The terms and conditions and the relationship between User and IsDBI shall be governed by the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as an agreement wholly performed therein without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Any dispute arising between IsDBI or IsDBI, and you arising out of, or in connection with, the Site or your use of the Site which cannot be amicably settled between the parties to such dispute shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause., (a) The number of arbitrators shall be one. and (b) The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. (c) The language to be used in the arbitration shall be English.
- 20. Users agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Site or these terms and conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
PRESERVATION OF IMMUNITIES
- Nothing in these terms shall be construed as a limitation upon or a waiver, renunciation or modification of any immunities, privileges or exemptions of IsDBI and IsDB accorded under IsDB’s Articles of Agreement, international convention or any applicable law. Such immunities, privileges or exemptions are specifically reserved.
- IsDBI reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the Site or any Materials in any respect. IsDBI shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
- IsDBI reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by IsDBI of any provision of these terms and conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is found by a competent legal process to be invalid, you nevertheless agree that such legal process should endeavor to give effect to our intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these terms and conditions remain in full force and effect.
- The section titles in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.