Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the eBook Reader Mobile Application of the Islamic Development Bank Institute (IsDBI). The use of this eBook Reader Mobile Application constitutes an agreement by the users of the Application with the following terms and conditions:
- The Islamic Development Bank Institute (“IsDBI”) maintains this eBook Reader Mobile Application (the “App”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the App (“User(s)”). IsDBI is pleased to allow Users to visit the App and download free and paid eBooks from the App for the User’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to specific eBooks within this App.
- IsDBI administers this App. IsDBI is a member of the IsDB Group, which comprises the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB), the Islamic Development Bank Institute (IsDBI), the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), the Islamic Corporation for the Insurance of Investment and Export Credit (ICIEC) and the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation (ITFC). All eBooks on this App from the various members of the IsDB Group appear on this App subject to these terms and conditions. In addition, the members of the IsDB Group may have additional terms and conditions that govern the use of their eBooks.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings, interpretations and conclusions expressed in the eBooks on this App are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of the IsDB’s Boards of Executive Directors or the countries it represents.
- The eBooks provided on this App are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. IsDBI specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such eBooks. IsDBI periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the eBooks on this App without notice. Under no circumstances shall IsDBI be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to result from use of this App, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. IsDBI disclaim all equitable indemnities. Use of this App is at the User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall IsDBI be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if IsDBI has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- The User specifically acknowledges and agrees that IsDBI is not liable for any conduct of any User.
- This App may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers (including users). IsDBI does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any User of this App or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither IsDBI nor any of its agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
- As a condition of use of this App, the User agrees to indemnify IsDB, IsDBI and their affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out the User’s use of this App, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by the User of these terms and conditions. If the User is dissatisfied with any material on this App or with any of terms and conditions of use of this App, the User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this App.
- Nothing on this App or any eBooks shall be construed, implicitly or explicitly, as containing any investment recommendations, an offer of or an invitation by or on behalf of IsDBI to subscribe for, purchase or sell any shares or securities or other financial instruments nor should it be considered as investment advice.
- This App may contain forward looking statements that are subject to risks and uncertainties that might cause actual results to differ from those foreseen.
COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK AND PERMITTED USE
- The User may reproduce, share or translate a limited extract of IsDBI from this App free of charge and without written permission from IsDBI, provided that IsDBI (including the reference The Islamic Development Bank Institute) is cited as the source and, with respect to translations, a statement is included that the translation is not an official IsDBI translation. By way of guidance, a “limited extract” means any extract of not more than 400 words of text or two tables or graphs, and in any case not exceeding 10 % of the relevant IsDBI eBooks.
- User who wishes to reproduce or translate more than a limited extract of IsDBI eBooks, or who wish to modify IsDBI eBooks, should submit a permission request to IsDBI at [email protected].
- Some IsDBI eBooks may contain references to materials from third parties, for which copyright must be honored.
- Some names on this App as well in some IsDBI eBooks, whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, are trademarks of IsDBI, its affiliates, related entities, related organizations, institutions, companies or its licensors or joint venture partners, unless otherwise noted. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and may be in violation of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property law, the law of slander and libel, the law of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- The “Islamic Development Bank Institute” and “IsDBI” names and logos, as well as certain other of the names, logos, designs, slogans and materials displayed in or through the App constitute registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names or service marks of us, other members of the Islamic Development Bank Group and our or their business partners or content providers (collectively, the “Marks”). The ownership of the Marks and the goodwill associated with them remains with the respective members of the Islamic Development Bank Group. The Users are not authorized to use any of the Marks other than as expressly provided in these terms and conditions or as expressly licensed to you. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved by the respective members of the Islamic Development Bank Group.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
- This App may contain links to third party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of IsDBI and IsDBI is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. IsDBI provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by IsDBI.
- This App contains a form to allow the User to fill his information, a form to allow the User to upload an eBook review, and a form to allow the User to submit requests to IsDBI technical team (the “Forms”). The User agrees to use the Forms only to send messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Form. By way of example, and not as a limitation, the User agrees that when using a Form, the User shall not do any of the following:
(i) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of IsDBI, or another entity or individual.
(ii) Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, abusive, inflammatory, tortious, violent, invasive of another’s privacy or unlawful material or information that is inaccurate and misleading.
(iii) Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless the User owns or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
(iv) Upload or attach files that contain software viruses, adware, malware, spyware, corrupted files, or any other harmful code.
(v) Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
(vi) Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
(vii) Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters. Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
(viii) Further or promote any illegal activity or enterprise or provide instructional information about illegal activities
(ix) Violate these terms and conditions or any law.
- The User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, emails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by IsDBI, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by IsDBI. IsDBI reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from Users, including without limitation to email and bulletin board postings.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
- The terms and conditions and the relationship between User and IsDBI shall be governed by the laws of the London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) as an agreement wholly performed therein without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Any dispute between IsDBI and you arising out of, or in connection with, the App or your use of the App which cannot be amicably settled between the parties to such dispute shall be arbitrated in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the LCIA Arbitration Centre, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The language to be used in the mediation and in the arbitration shall be the English language. In any arbitration commenced pursuant to this clause, (i) the number of arbitrators shall be three; and (ii) the seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be London, United Kingdom.
- Users agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the App or these terms and conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
PRESERVATION OF IMMUNITIES
- Nothing in these terms shall be construed as a limitation upon or a waiver, renunciation or modification of any immunities, privileges or exemptions of IsDB and IsDBI accorded under its Articles of Agreement, international convention or any applicable law. Such immunities, privileges or exemptions are specifically reserved.
- IsDBI reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the App or any Materials in any respect. IsDBI shall have no obligation to take the needs of any User into consideration in connection therewith.
- IsDBI reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any User access to this App or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by IsDBI of any provision of these terms and conditions shall be binding except as set forth in writing and signed by its duly authorized representative.
- If any provision of these terms is found by a competent legal process to be invalid, you nevertheless agree that such legal process should endeavor to give effect to our intentions as reflected in the provision, and that the other provisions of these terms and conditions remain in full force and effect.
- The section titles in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.